Yarn Fairy and the Pixies present the 2017 heirloom, Star Heirloom, pre-orders are now open. This year we foray into truly modern shawls, a 6 wedge shawl which has a purl back, "resting" row. This will be a show stopper and blue ribbon winner all of you. Without further ado, lets jump right in.
YARN SOLD OUT
See Cobweb page for remaining colors and bases. Order from that page as everything's sold out except stitch markers.
Our new Siren Silk Cobweb 85/15 silk/cashmere, 2650 yards per 100g skein. Each kit contains 2 skeins of yarn. This yarn is very soft, the softness of cashmere, with the sheen and drape of silk.
COLORS and the inspiration...
|Bonnie Blue Velvet|
|Arsenic and Old Lace|
yes there's pink and purple in this one
Just one type of bead this year. They are the high end, Czech Preciosa pressed 11/0's. Each kit will contain 2 hanks which will have about 8,000 beads. The color will match the yarn. I especially love the cream as they look like pearls but all of the choices are lovely. The Georgian Era gets a silver lined and the other 2 have a rainbow finish. In the first photo you can see which beads go with each color way.
Very small this year we have mostly 6x6mm so they don't get in the way of your stitches. Your kit will contain 9 glass loops, one metal charm loop and one of these two lobsters. A total of 10 loops and a lobster per kit, colors may vary.
In the extra shipping drop down box you will find hooks, needles and an electric bead spinner. About needles, pattern recommends a size 0, if a loose knitter you will want to go down, if a tight knitter you will need to go up. I've put as many sizes in as I could think you'd need. Just put into the notes what length you'd like. The ChiaoGoo only comes in the 32". I like to have 4 of the longest needles so that I can knit the shawl onto the 4 needles, pin it out and see all the stitches fanned out. This way I can take a photo and enjoy the effort put into the shawl even more.
The Electric bead spinner comes with the finest straight wire that Lacis puts out. They say they are good for 11/0 & 8/0 beads. BUT the Czech pressed beads do not work with the wire. You will be getting 1/4 pound of Ming Tree beads instead. These are known as irregular but they fine in my book, as you can see. And you get about 10,500 beads in each box. :-)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION- Please read this before ordering.
- The address on your paypal account is where we will ship to, if your e-mail or address is different please change it before you place your order. If we need to get in touch with you we have no other method.
- Sign up here for our Newsletter to know when we are dyeing and shipping. Also free patterns are given away, join to win! (this page, go full screen: bar on right, top button).
- Pattern is sold separately at Ravelry you're responsible to get your copy.
- Chat happens on Ravelry, in our group. There are contests at YF with prizes just for knitting on anything! Come join the fun.
- Please allow 3-4 weeks for us to dye, pack and ship the first orders.
- KAL will be run via Ravelry updates to the pattern and will go all year
- Any questions, please PM me wmdress at sbcglobal dot net (replace at @ and dot.)
ORDER HERE-If you are outside the USA be sure to order additional shipping below AND send me your telephone number, it's mandatory for some countries now.
KIT 1 contains everything including necklace and 10% discount tree SOLD OUT please don't purchase
Kit 2 contains yarn, beads and stitch markers-can order Cash Cob or Merino for the KAL still.