The shape begins with a large mesh area, the body follows in a 6 wedge flat which is simple enough for beginning intermediate knitters. Knitters who know how to work from charts and is comfortable with multiple charts across one row.
The colors offer a lovely Victorian feel to all of them. Our Medium Sock (merino/nylon) weight is used so that we can offer these lovely gradient color ways. We have 2-20 gram skeins, 6-50 and 1-100 gram for about 2100 yards total.
Yuppers there are two... the one on the left, is the one that comes in the kits. Verbiage is Be Here Now Love, there are 2 stars, a double candle to light the way and a snow flake since we are going to get snow here some time soon. The bottom drop with change, there's only one of those crystals. We have flowers, butterflies and large drops to use for this KAL. On the right we have some Victorian purse fobs, there are 4 of them, they are FREE and will go to the first 4 Peeps who order. These are double sided, one side has a tree, the other a Lady in cameo.
These are a lot of fun, you will get 4 of the 5 types of charms, 2 lobster claw angels (1 blue 1 purple), the blue one is actually getting a rhinestone halo, see the one center bottom? Love that. We will use up those before the other "halos". You also get a faceted round with a lovely silver tone bead cap. Charms, colors and caps may vary without notice.
We have some lovely 6/0 beads for this shawl (yes one's incorrect size-showing for color) on the left is Root beer AB for both Gold and Bronze. On the right we have rainbow pink, this has a silver lined square hole center. The shawl requires 930 beads, you will get over 1020 in your kits.
In the extra shipping drop down box you will find hooks, needles and an electric bead spinner.
Needle: US size 4 or 5/3.5mm-3.75mm, 32 inch long circular OR size needed to get gauge
Crochet hook: size 13/0.90mm for placement method of beading
If a loose knitter you will want to go down a needle size. If a tight knitter you will need to go up a size. I like to have 4 of the longest needles so that I can knit the shawl onto the 4 needles, pin it out and see all the stitches fanned out. This way I can take a photo and enjoy the effort put into the shawl as I'm working it up. The Electric bead spinner comes with the straight wire that Lacis puts out for size 6/0 beads. Once loaded you wont have to reload it any time soon. Photo shows size 11/0 beads, you'll get the 6/0s.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION- Please read this before ordering.
- The address on your paypal account is where we will ship to, if your e-mail or address is different please change it before you place your order. If we need to get in touch with you we have no other method.
- Sign up here for our Newsletter to know when we are dyeing and shipping. Also free patterns are given away, join to win! (this page, go full screen: bar on right, top button).
- Pattern is sold separately at Ravelry you're responsible to get your copy.
- Chat happens on Ravelry, in our group. There are contests at YF with prizes just for knitting on anything! Come join the fun.
- Please allow 3-4 weeks for us to dye, pack and ship the first orders.
- KAL will be run via Ravelry updates to the pattern and will go all year
- Any questions, please PM me wmdress at sbcglobal dot net (replace at @ and dot.)
ORDER HERE-If you are outside the USA be sure to order additional shipping below AND send me your telephone number, it's mandatory for some countries now.
KIT 1 contains everything shown here with 15% discount
KIT 2 contains yarn, beads and stitch markers
KIT 3 yarn & beads