The first was that we had so much yarn to dye this week that we needed 2 days to do it. We dyed over 150 skeins and many of them were custom, new colors and needed every bit of minutia written down. That doesn't just take a lot of time but a lot of thought to boot. Since it's all very artsy fartsy and you have to be really on top of things to get it all to work out well. Each new item we dyed, I feel in love with. Many of them you wont be able to see until 2017 but then that's the way things work around here. All very hush, hush and keep it under wraps. What's so amazing about the fact that we dyed? It's my very first time of dyeing back to back, actually being physically able to work again on day 2 of dyeing, akin to a miracle!
The second thing has me totally at peace and so happy I feel like it should be against the law. Nothing changed tonight, we ate. Actually that is new believe it or not. This week I've been cooking, eating and washing up breakfast with Pixie #1, it's been great fun. Today she came to me and asked why she was so tired. She's hypoglycemic so tonight I made up a high protein dinner for her, poor dear. Hopefully it will kick her into high gear or at least help regain some strength for us to begin labeling and photographing all of this new yarn. I whipped the meal up from almost nothing and we ate together. Then the rest of the night proceeded as normal, DH and I read the Bible. Then we checked up on our cruise (for my b-day), filed a price protection thing to get a credit and we also redeemed my Fun Points for a $100 credit. By the time we are done with all of this the cruise will be ever so much cheaper then our Labor Day weekend away. We spent the evening together and then he went to sleep. Normal night for us. Somewhere in that last hour this peace descended over me like a nice toasty heated blanket you get in pre-op. There's all of this love mingled in with the peace. I dunno, I'm just happy, sort of a mellow happy, it's great and I'm well pleased.
Ya'll know I came up positive for pre-diabetic screening right? Well, I've been through a course prescribed by my doctor to help loose weight and gain control again. So far I've lost almost 30 pounds and am continuing down. I found this app I want to share with you it's called MyFitnessPal.com, they have a very large database and the app does all the work for you. LOVE IT! Totally helping me out as I had NO idea just how much sugar I was ingesting. I was eating a lot of fruit still and they only allow me 50g which is the equivalent of 2T of jam!!!! So, I'm having to readjust a bit again. Which is a good thing as I've been stuck at this weight for a couple of months now. Time to get off the plateau and soar through the canyon below.
Root canals SUCK! they are extremely painful. Who's bright idea was it to stick the equivalent of needles up into the root of the tooth?
Could the peace be from knowing how the rest of the year should pan out. All will be well as we got a large contract in so we should be able to make payroll as well as the IRS double down that we expect them to take in April. Don't fret, we will still hold our annual IRS sale. Could be that we have 2 new patterns in test knit and another new one ready to KAL. Could be all the lovely yarn we painted, came out smashing. Could be how amazing our Peeps are, how well oiled this machine is becoming. Could be that we are getting the dye out of the house and setting up our own space. SO NEEDED! My kitchen will become a kitchen again and we will have a dining room again instead of this chaos of yarn, pots, pans and dye literally everywhere. Dunno, whatever it is, I'm really happy, peaceful and now it's time to turn in.
Just a quick update:
- Cocoon KAL begins 8-31 everyone will have their yarn by then.
- Neverland will begin on it's heels, 9-21 or 9-28 depending on if everyone has a chance to get orders in.
- We are partnering with Paradise Fibers, there KAL will be in here someplace. An all original feather and fan that needs a name.
- Compact shawl (needs a new name) is a spiral
- We are in the SpinningBox (fiber) for the rest of the year.
- Contract with ____ for a TON of yarn for their club. It's all hush hush so I can't tell but we dyed up 11 samples for their club, amazing!!!
- Moriarty is ready to begin TK mode, yarn for the samples currently drying.
- Canuck was painted on Imp Sport and it's the aurora borealis AMAZING job on this one, love it. You will too, yarn's great and the dye, WOW.
- Christmas Star has 2 color ways, one is a hand paint, the other is more of a semi solid in the same colors. This one is done gradient on our medium sock. SO pretty! Pixie #1 saw it and wants to do the knit for this one. I want to do Canuck they are both so lovely.
- Bunnymuff has a New Years shawl in our Italian silk, the All That color way. It has a 1930's vibe to it, looks like as a kit, not and MKAL.
- Tangers (or Marrakesh) is next year's Heirloom, we bought the yarn. You'll be happy to know it's white and on it's way to us now.
- Anyone want another blanket for next year?
- We should be able to run the Christmas Club again this year. Depends on how much of the work load we are under in November.
- Not sure if we can do the 4th quarter of the Fae Yarn club as the end of this year is a big push to get all of this out.
Ok, so what do you think? A bit over kill right?
"Who's the shrub", Hook reference. I feel like I need to hide in that shrub just to keep my sanity. All of this is written in black marker on a large sheet of paper on the wall so nothing gets lost or falls through the cracks. Ya'll ready for this? It's going to be a whirlwind end to 2016 for sure! ENJOY!!!