Thursday, August 13, 2015

Upcoming and teacups

Ya'll know how much I love my teacup club, look at the recent offering.  Ancient valentines and this lovely painted fine bone china cup.




DH surprised me and came home with this lovely offering the other day.  They didn't last long but these are so me.

This week I had the surgical procedure on my back which takes away the pain.  Two days of sleep and suffering then the pains gone for a couple of weeks.  Totally worth what I have to go through to get to the end of the pain.  Next week we plan on painting on Monday AND Friday.  We have a lot of Raven, Dickens and old kits to make up so I thought we'd pre-dye up a bunch.  


We also have all the Dragon & Sea Witch as well as two newbies for you.  We are dyeing cupcakes!  :-)  Yummy little light to a color change ending in dark.  This is an example.  Why cupcakes?  We were thinking that they'd look adorable in little paper liners and packed in a long, clear rectangle.  This is a sock weight yarn, new to us, put up in 50 gram skeins.  I made up 3 more batches to play with this week.
    The other newbie, is Spatter.  We are making an entire line of new color in the coming months and will be calling them Spatter dyed.  The technique is tricky and I don't think that they will be easily repeated so we are working on measurements and will have several samples hit the Twist page in the weeks to come.  
     The Winter KAL is coming about, we have all the yarn colors dyed and reskeined.  It's all pale colors as we are doing cables and lace and working up Call of the Wild by Jack London.  Of course the wolf Buck will be making an appearance as will all the wilderness.  I would like to place bucks face along the edging of the entire shawl for the final chart on this one. FUN Coming,,, stay tuned.



3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear the end of pain has come HURRAY!!!! And I look forward to seeing the cupcakes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear the end of pain has come HURRAY!!!! And I look forward to seeing the cupcakes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cool.



    ---------------------------------------------------
    http://fifa16.vipmmobank.com


    FIFA 16 Coins

    ReplyDelete