Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Dye Day WOW!!

     Ya'll know I'm In"Valid" due to my many ailments.  The only time I leave the house is to see my Doc every forth week.  WELL!  Yesterday I saw Doc then went to a Garden Center and walked through the exterior, bought some plants.  Have been doing pretty well with the whole walking thing even though the procedures worn off.  So last night we soaked about 240 skeins of yarn.  We didn't have enough containers so some even went into a cardboard box lined with 2 large bags! Then we put bungees around the box in case of bursting. I figured it was going to take us to the end of this week to get them done.  Turns out I was wrong.  DD wasn't feeling well and had to take a nap, me, dynamo here,,, I plowed through it.  Turned on some music really loud and just dyed!  Worked from 10am to 9pm it's DONE and I'm still here to tell you so! I should be sleeping! Passed out, dead to the world. I don't know who prayed what over us today but we finished it all!  Now Pixie #2 just needs to rinse it and get it hung up before the rains come tomorrow.  It's going to take about a week to dry but the hardest part is over! PTL, I be pleased!  Only one bad thing happened.  I carried a hot kettle outside to dump it and my foot got in the way!  I'm glad I was in my old Birkies but my toes aren't too happy.  Just glad I had some "New Skin" on hand as I really needed it today. OWIE!
     Now I get to play. Well, you wouldn't call it playing, Pixie #1 will go back to making a bazillion stitch marker/bead packs and I will go back to making chunky monkey bracelets, and cementing flowers and butterflies onto the earring components.  This way everything will be ready to ship when the yarn is finally dry.
     Another amazing fact.  I have been designing again!  Yeah BABY!  I had a really long dry spell through the beginning of this year.  Last year it was a KAL a month, this year not so much.  I have been plenty happy to dye for other designers.  That said, yesterday on the drive home, I had these designs just SLAM into me, screaming for my attention.  I see some full circular shawls (split up the front of course) in your future.  If I can figure out this petal thing you are getting a FULL flower, not just tiny flowers on a shawl but a full on flower.  Even more of a flower then Fae Festival which was pretty much a flower.  Seems that each time I revisit something, whether it's dyeing or designing, it just keeps getting more amazing.  So I have this flower and another which is a snowflake, yup one single, massive snowflake.  Why? because I can.  Now that I figured out exactly how to make it work, I will make it up.  Oh and another, a full square which is only repeated 4 times... to make a scene,,, like a garden scene with full on flowers, vines, birds, butterflies, dragonflies, the whole 9 yarns. ENOUGH!  Just needed you to know that my mojo has come home. There will be knitting tonight! (Princess Bride)

Now I have got to share some photos.  Here's Baby in his new leggings... how very 80's of him, ahem, or his Mum.  With matching headband of course.  
This is what I wear when we dye to keep the hair out of my eyes.  It's actually from the 80's. Yup, the actual article I wore to the 80's reinvention of Woodstock. Can't remember the name of the massive outdoor concert we went to.  Along with my black and white bathing suit, shorts and hoodie.
     Here, he's sporting his cute, purple flower barrette.  He doesn't like the top knot but I think he's adorable and can't help but want to dress him up.
     Currently he wishes I were dead I'm sure... well if he knew I was the one who put him in his current sitch that is.  He is wearing the dreaded, "cone of shame" as he just returned from the vet.  He's 8 months old now, has all his official shots, had his dew claws clipped, neutered and 5 baby teeth were pulled along with full plaque cleaning.  Chaching! Whoops there goes my savings.  And yes, even though he's a baby, he had loads of plaque, I don't think his first owners ever brushed his teeth.  Me, I'm all over teeth, we even make our own powder.  
We don't see the dentist regularly and when we do go they are shocked that it's been say, 5+ years as there's no plaque build up due to our special recipe.  Anyway, Baby likes to have his teeth cleaned due to the chicken flavored tooth paste I buy for him.
     Last photo, our boy, at the vet (shots last week) while looking at a pug.  Ain't he cute?  Am I the proud Mummy or what?  He's just really coming around to us, our family, our home and the other 4 legged critters. Finally he gets why he's here.  I kept putting him on my lap until now he get's it.  He's a lap dog and comes to me now. :-)  He's very smart and has many tricks.  I will continue to teach him until he's got it all down pat and is completely obedient so that we are all happy.  He's learned to come to me and ask to be let out so he's potty trained.  Now if I could just learn to stop what I'm doing when he needs to be let out all will be well.
     During today's dyeing, Pixie #1 and I spoke again about renting an RV after she gets her license and just going, East on the I-10.  Before that I believe we might be taking a cruise.  They can be relatively cheap if you don't go too far.  It's just something I want under her belt before she's gone from my life.  Hey, it's on my Bucket List, ya gotta allow for something that's on the list right?
     Hope you are all well and happy, we are complete again. AND I DON'T HAVE TO DYE FOR THE NEXT TWO DAYS!  I'm totally thrilled, can you tell? YIPEE SKIPEE, enjoy your knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment