Sunday, May 24, 2015

Bulk mail

     Hi Kiddies, just HAD to share.  So far we had a normal sized shipment go out of the Donna Dru KAL 2 weeks ago? Then we had this ship (photo) on Monday, the middle of the KAL. There will be a few more but nothing like this one.  AMAZING right! This is from ONE dye day, more then 250 skeins of yarn are in here as well as some custom orders, stitch markers, you get the gist.  
     We will be dyeing again shortly, roving for the TDFleece, who's count down is now on the right hand bar if anyone is watching.  If you need roving, please speak up as this is what I'm dyeing. This bag is the size of a California King Comforter!  YUP one ton of roving, LOL.  Where did all this come from? From being in the Paradise Fibers fiber club for like 1.5 years.  We are also dyeing the yarn for a Fall YF shawl KAL called Here Be Dragons, not to be confused with the Dragon theme of the 3rd Quarter yarn club. I can't wait to get my hands on this yarn, it's our 80/20 merino/silk and so nummy!  That hot pink/purple dragons raging at me to c/o NOW. OH and before I forget, we got the BFL/silk 55%/45% back in stock, it's 875 yards of lace weight.  We sold out after using it in the yarn club, then everyone wanted more.
     Speaking of clubs, it's now more then official so I can tell you.  We have been in the wholesale biz for about 2 years now, selling to yarn stores.  Well, Yarn Fairy and the Pixies have the September Slot for the Paradise Fibers yarn club!  How great is that!  The timing is perfect since the above cart has shipped and the pressure is mostly off.  Fed Ex pulled up with SIX massive boxes of the same yarn we used for the Donna Dru KAL. Yes, SIX HUNDRED skeins of yarn.  Course we will break that down and dye once a week for 6-10 weeks as needed for my health to keep up.  Or until I drop, hit the wall, you get the picture LOL. 
     Ya know how I some times refer to having the "decks cleared? This is what I refer to as the decks being cleared,,, only this is a shot of when they are not cleared. I only wish I'd gotten a photo of them before we shipped the above cart, the entire left side was piled as high as the right side. Which is about 2 foot high.  Currently the desk has these lovely purse fob/stitch markers I brought in for you. 
 I have been dying to work with all the lovelies but DD KAL and Fae Club needed to get done before I could play. Titania (on right) is ready to ship.
  So far I've made two goodies and can't wait to get the rest of my thoughts into goodies.  I LOVE these things.  I found largish focal lampwork glass shapes with foil inside.  One of them is actually RED and has copper goodies, perfect matches. Another is turquoise/teal, with pearls and this swirl, foil, inside painted bead you could fall into if you stare too long.  I can't wait to share.  When I do I'm going to attempt to make a button to purchase from instead of just loading them up there on the SM page.
     My arthritis in my hands kicking up again as I had to make this shawl and get it done so I could get back to work knitting again. This is my hand spun from a "new to me" thing, a fat batt from Phoenix Fibers. I had to learn how to spin it. April, the owner of the shop, is delightful to work with and she made me a special braid which is in the mail now. I wanted a gradient of this lovely batt she calls My Lucky Turquoise and she made it for me. I'd already purchased the standard one and then when I saw them had to get two of the gradient.  I think they will all look grand in a shawl.  Anyhoo this is her Peacock with sparkle, of course,  now there's sparkle everywhere, floor, bed, washer, you get the drill!  It was for a SAL contest.  
Got it spun up, realized how MUCH of my hand spun I had and needed to knit it. WAS FORCED to knit it, even past the pain in my hands that said STOP KNITTING! Put the needles down, step away from the knitting (said from a bull horn!) The turquoise is our Chubby Baby Camel which I HIGHLY recommend.  This stuff reminds me of Quivit, it's so amazing.
     All the angel stitch markers sold out so I'm off to replace them and make more out of some pretty unique items.  I hope you love them and buy me out again, so that you can have them and enjoy them too.  After all, who doesn't love the angels? Dark or light?  ENJOY! YF

No comments:

Post a Comment