Friday, April 24, 2015

First Hair Cut & Yarn Fairy's in my Garden

We are over a few hurdles, ya'll need an update. We had that first puppy cut… he was so good!  DH wanted to get him groomed professionally.  Vet would only do face and tail for $35, groomers want $40+ depending on temperament and all that.  Can you imagine!  That’s just hair and nails, not teeth!  Good ole days of "shave and a hair cut, 2 bits" are gone forever.  So three of us were in attendance last night and he's adorastinkingble!!! Still needs a face cut as it was last and he was freaked out.  
Why are you taking my hair away Mommy!  
Daddy my hairs falling out... all of it!  WAAAA 
Pixie, why are you aiding them in this monstrous affair?
     You can still see the scraggly ear condition but I just couldn't do any more.  I had this thought continuously running. If the vet only takes face and tail... why am I still cutting?  It wasn't the absolute, very first cut as we did have some matting issues with him when he first came.  He was having problems at home with Mum and Pop, seems he was challenging for Alpha.  Here he just slid into place.  There's one cat who still challenges him but he's won the other two over. Every night I do some things in the same way to give him routine, one is brushing him out.  He doesn't like it but he will come around.  I have been training him daily and he's really smart.  Still has a few accidents inside the house but for the most part I hope that as he becomes more obedient, more comfortable in his own skin, it will all fall into place.  After all, he see's all of our skin change twice daily so of course he's got issues. Tee hee hee.  It's been several weeks now and overall I think he's doing well.  
     Most of us call him Baby as he really tucks into you when you pick him up.  I think he's stuck with that for life. I told DH he could call him whatever he likes so long as he doesn't call him, "late for dinner". Since then he's got two names as Lil Bit is DH's name for him. BUT he responds best to a clicking noise made with the mouth so it really doesn't matter one way or the other. 
     Baby is amazingly agile!  He will climb me and then jump off my shoulder. WEEEeee Mommy, look at me!  LOL Before you all freak out, I'm bed/house bound so it's from a seated, not standing, position. That said he will jump from me straight off of the bed, he doesn't need the ramp we have at the end of the bed, he just flies onto it.  Every object has been scaled... he even flies off of the couch back!  Yep, agile lil thing that he is, he loves to jump.  I really want to train him through obstacles.  He's such a fast learner!  I was thinking about just tossing out some fun stuff onto the floor and then crawling around on the floor teaching him over, under, through, up, FUN!
     We have been working here non-stop for the entire month getting caught up after the surgery's from March.  Needless to say, I'm fried.  I'm going to take either just a long weekend or an even extended one through next week.  For sure we aren't dyeing as all that remains is Athena and the yarns going on order here next week.  It's coming from outside the US so it's going to take some time.  
That said we do have another KAL opening, late Thursday night Pacific time I will open Yarn Fairy's in my Garden by Donna Druchunas. So if you want to stay up late and be the first to order feel free to stay up with me.  That said I believe that Europe might be the first to see it.  I can't wait to share all the goodies I found with you.  I love them all and think you will too.  BUT the yarn! The colors, amazing! Just you wait and see.  ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment