Friday, April 17, 2015

Chatty Patty Here

Well Kiddies, when I am the only person replying to my own posts I know it's Chatty Patty time and time to spill the beans in a post. 
     First I must share with you that Pixie #1 has really stepped up her game.  She's reading her Bible and really getting into it.  So much so that it's flowing over into her life.  The house is clean, there's food all the time and best of all, she's got a smile on her face.
One of those secret smiles that just tugs slightly at the corner of your mouth.  The type you want to grab for your own and kiss again and again.  Sorry baby, it's true. 
     SEE! it's 4pm and I haven't eaten today. Me beloved Pixie just brought me fish and chips!  she know's I've had a hankering for them for a week or more.  LOVE my baby girl.
     Downloaded the Kindle Ap for my laptop and found a free book on dog training. Read it in 1 hour and only learned ONE thing from it, there are no dumb dogs!  That was new to me as I thought some dogs were just bred at little stupider. Turns out there
are only dumb owners the ones who don't train. 
Baby, and yes, his name is Baby! because he hugs me and snuggles in like a baby.  When he really relaxes he will turn over onto his back and ask for a tummy rub and a puppy massage.  See he's a jumper and those wee little legs (read chicken wings) must be massaged regularly.
 This is a tiny Yorkie we are talking, purebred, so you know he's the real thing! All 6 pounds of himself, can jump from off of the back of the couch, what's that? 3.5 foot?  HIGH for such a small wee guy. This sweet heart of a pup (7 months now) snuggles us all night and we both love it.  Last night he was up against DH went I fell asleep and DH found him in his elbow crook when he woke.  That's some pup!  
     After I found out that all dogs can be trained (we've been potty training since day one) I started with the tricks and treats.  I have a tiny treat that I can easily cut into 4 miniature treats.  With these treats I have taught him to sit in ONE DAY!  I'm so proud of my Baby!  Today I taught him to run up and down the ramp and he had to sit at the top and bottom.  

When he's solo (no distractions from the rest of the menagerie) he did really well.  Prior to training he flew at the ramp and bed in TWO bounds!  He still does, he's amazingly agile.  Reminds me of the cats.  Course not in the state they are in in these photos!  LOL
     What Yarn Fairy post would be a YF post without some kind of knitting and yarn!  I finished the 1300 club sample just before my fastest TKer did.  PHEW! LOVE IT! Can't wait to block it out. 
     Now we have yaaaaaaaaaaaaarn! YUM  This is our Bun, it's 20% angora and so it's gotta go into the kettle.  Add that to the fact that I used reactive fiber dyes and WOWSERS.  Too bad I can't replicate this, no notes.  The one on the top has green and turquoise and what must surely be black but I don't remember adding black to it?  Could have used a kettle that already had black in it?  Dunno.
This one I do know.  Purple went into the pot and then red on one side of the kettle and brown on the other.  You can see the red but there's a blob of brown on it too.  Love them both but they flew away to their homes.  If you aren't afraid of going bongo with me... ask me to play.  Tell me your three favorite colors and lets pot them!  ALSO angora's got a bad wrap... mines lovely!  This is the perfect blend for socks or a shawl.  Doesn't migrate and doesn't shed.  LOVE IT!
      
Then there's my hand spun, gorgeous and to dye for.  This is 100% merino, can't remember who dyed it or where I got it but I'm in love.  If you are in love too, I will part with it... just know it's not cheap, this one is 900 yards spun then plied.  I normally base the price on the yardage at $10 per yard but I think that's overpriced don't you?
     This lovely, is Siren, the 1st Quarter YF, last month, Club sock yarn. LOVE this yarn!  I wish I'd made an extra of it but on this one I did take notes as we have to come up with an entirely new line of 15 colors this year.  So we have been playing a LOT.  This week I'm going to paint all the colors on the skein really saturated, then I'm going to pop the skein into a black pot and see how it comes out.  I think it might be swell for a lace shawl!
     The procedure is still working.  Cut back on my meds and what with getting my marbles and a box of brains in the mail (Zombie proofed box of course)... I have been doing really well.  Math is coming to me like it's always been there, just waiting.  When the doctor messed with my meds I thought my brains were gone for good. Now I have so many patterns that are ready to be published that it feels like all I do is edit patterns and make stitch markers.  AND clutter bracelets! LOVING them jingly, tinkly clutter bracelets!  I'm about to make one for Yarn Fairy's in my Garden by Donna Dru!  That and so much more will be revealed come May Day.  I can't wait to share what we've been working on with you!  We should have a contest.
     Now I want to go talk with Donna!  LOL.  What do you mean I'm easily distracted, blink blink shiny, bye bye for now.  Have to go follow that shiny trail before it zings out of sight.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, she certainly is. Very vocal last night at study. She's brief and pointed. I was quite pleased.

    ReplyDelete