Wednesday, March 25, 2015

I'm Baaaack Again!

Somehow I don't feel as if that's the first time I've used that title in a blog post.  It's been a hard year, if this quarter's any indication of what's to come MAN! Am I ever going to be strong at the end of this year.
     The meds from Hades which I was subjected to in February are finally completely out of my system.  I'm still recovering from the surgeries and from loosing my life companion, my wee dog.  I keep looking for him, expecting to see him, have to maneuver around him, etc.  
Its been really hard even though I full well knew he was on borrowed time for over a year. In the end he had no hair and lived in the Aqua Man sweater I knit for him.  It's now empty and he's gone.
     At the end I took to carrying him everywhere with me in a baby type sling... so that he wouldn't get hurt or hurt himself.  The dementia had him roaming the halls all the time.  He was still terribly cute all the way to the end.  Perfect to me, scary to others but I loved him so much I didn't care.
     So many of you sent e-cards, snail mail cards.  Some are very special, hand made, hand stitched.  A lot contained a stitch marker or set of them.  My favorite hangs on my lamp.  You can just make out the clear S which holds the cream paw print... that glass beads hand made!  There's a red heart on the other side and it's very precious to me.  All of them are special, wanted to take a minute to thank all of you for sharing these little offerings with me.  One even came from across the ocean!  I feel very loved.
I didn't want this to be a downer.  I only wanted to come in here and tell you that I'm really back.  The brains are functioning again and I'm looking forward to doing the skirt/poncho/circular shawl.  I pulled out the PERFECT yarn for it.  Skirts out of sock yarn are going to be heavy and HOT!  I found a lovely silk/linen that I have here, didn't know what I was going to do with it but I have 3 massive cones full.  Think about it, silk for drape and linen,,, which is a well known skirt fabric.  Together they made this really drapey fabric which I'm well pleased with.  Late last night I swatched it up and washed the spinning oils out of it.  I think this will work just fine for us.  I can't wait to wind off some for the next dye day, next Tuesday.  Which is when we will begin to dye up all of the 1300 KAL orders.  I need to thank you all for your patience.  What with all those different bases and colors and combinations... all of them have to be dyed as 95% of you want 2 skeins of yarn.  This things going to be AMAZING in a full circle!!!
     Do you think I stopped there?  NO WAY MAN!  I found another set of 3 massive cones... it's 70/30 silk/baby camel... oh so luxurious and lovely!  This one's a bit fatter and looks to want about a size 5 needle.  I'm thinking that it's about time for a smoke ring... wondering if I can get crystals on either one of these.  I know full well that I need those wee button crystals up the side of the skirt.  Then the crystals I want on the top panel and again on the edging.  The thoughts are all pushing to be heard.  It's crazy... this part, the design part where everyone just is screaming to be acknowledged. So excited now that I have to get off of the puter and go see just how many yards each of these yarns hold in 100g.  SEE YA!  
     OOOOH one more thing.  I have been saving these for you.  I've told you all about my tea cup club in a past blog post so if you want URL's scroll back through my posts.  I just wanted to share the kit for March.

This lovely cup has all the Provinces of Canada on it... and their flowers.  See the vintage santa?  He was given originally with the cup and man is he old... the paper is all browned. VERY COOL  A bunch of business cards with discounts were included and then this spring panel was inside my gift bag.  CUTE!

Hope you are all knitting like the wind on Ragnarok, my sample is finished and it's going to get a lot of use out of it.  Have a great day, night or otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment