Tuesday, December 30, 2014

SNOW!

     I can't stand it any longer, I wanted the Holiday post to stay up until we returned to dyeing on 1-6 but I can't take it one more minute, IT'S SNOWING!  Ya'll know we are in the mountains of Southern Cali, and we have been in a drought for years.  Well, looks like this winter it might just break.  We've had some good rain and now we are getting a nice layer of snow.  It's actually sticking and it's hitting our relatively low height of 3500 feet above sea level.  I LOVE IT!
     Something else happened today that I need to scream from the rooftops... we have almost run out of our superwash lace yarn.  There are only FIVE stops available for Mirkwood or Raven remaining!  I freaked, went to buy yarn and it's backordered!  WHAT!  Yeah major freak out.  Should have bought more then the 8 kilos I got for ya'll.  Cest La Vie, it has happened and there's nothing I can do about it.  I have enough yarn remaining for 5 more orders.           That said I can get a nummy replacement but it's a bit more expensive as it's super fine merino but out of LAMB wool which is by far superior quality wise they adult merino.
 I can get it in 2/18 which is 900 yards per 100g OR 2/24 which has 1200 yards per 100g!  NUMMY!  I love me some fine yarn in large yardage.  I think I would like to add the 2/24 to our base yarn anyway as you could get a really nice large triangle out of that yardage.  I will make a poll to let you tell me what you think 900 or 1200?
     Another thing I have been doing is playing with getting true color from Johnny #5 and a white box.  GOT IT! finally, after all these years I can get a really smashing photo, see the Twist page.  That handspun is true to life FINALLY FREE!  ahhhhh....
     I have also been collecting, I feel like a squirrel.  Loads of Venice lace from here and Hong Kong.  Lovely stuff, in pieces, collars and front bodices.  Yeah, why right... well I have these ideas of making beaded necklaces from them.  I now have a great deal of supplies for trimming them with edge endings for lobster and chain to make them work as a necklace and I'm past ready to begin working on the stuff I got in the USA.  I have that and a small fortune in sterling silver, marcasite and vintage black glass.  One of these days all of this stuff is going to come together to make some amazing stuff.  I only hope there will be a KAL to pair them with.  Weird how it seems like I work backwards,,, yes?  But you watch and see, it will all come together.
     I have two large events this year that I'm loathe to tell of as they have yet to pass. One will happen in the first quarter and the second in the third quarter of this year.  The second is MASSIVE and I can't WAIT to share but until I have the funds in hand I just can't do it.  Suffice to say it will double our customer base and be very difficult for us to manage.  BUT we rise to every challenge and are looking forward to it.
     So far I have really enjoy the lounging and gotten into it, possibly too far.  Never changing out of PJ's for one thing!  LOL Been learning a lot about my puter, anti virus- Avira is out and AVG is in.  Messed things up a bit so I had to learn.  I was forced into learning why this and that was happening and what to do about it.  For instance, I was having a memory issue (LOL nothing new there) and my puter is empty and new so it's hard to think that there could be an issue.  Figured it out in the end and feel less vulnerable and more secure.  Through all of this I'm feeling different, my brains feel like they are unscrambling and hopefully all will be well when the time comes and I return to pattern writing. Artist's can have down times where there's just nothing there and it's not something you can force.  It has to just come naturally or you end up with junk.  I don't make no junk, I'd prefer to hang up my hat then to make patterns that were a disappointment to me but mostly, to you all.
     ENOUGH for today! Happy Holidays to you and yours.

1 comment:

  1. Anne Baron aka SandinmysocksDecember 31, 2014 at 6:27 PM

    Happy New Year Wendy!!!

    ReplyDelete