Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Knit Skirts?

Inquiring minds want to know.  How do you feel about a knit skirt? I have several drafts in my design book, all very simple and easy to change sizes depending on how many stitches you c/o.  Think of a poncho or a circular shawl with a large hole in the center.  

Of course a circular will give you a very full skirt and will take a good deal of time.  This is something I want to get into in the future as it would make a GREAT bottom half to a wedding dress.  I have the tencel and tiny beads all ready.  But that's not what we are talking about.  I'm thinking of a more tubular shape. 

One in which begins with a button band and is worked in a variety of lace, cable, and texture in sections.  
These sections can be worked as long as you need and will increase gradually to be worked in order.  You can make your skirt as long or short as you like, floor length or mini.  I would like you to answer the poll at the right.  Don't want to make a skirt? You could make yours a poncho instead.  Can't see the poll?  Go full screen and then you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment