Thursday, October 23, 2014

Birthday week

     Before I get into this I have to tell you, we got the Radiologists report from the MRI I took last week.  It now show's mild- MODERATE! A word we have not heard before.  I'M GOING TO A BACK SURGEON!  Finally!  Pray that he will be able to do something here.  I have a 2mm bulge,,, seems really small and L-5 to S-1 has never been involved, S1 that is.  If he can just do something minor I would be in hog heaven.  What a birthday present eh?  I couldn't ask for anything I want more strongly then just to walk, cook and clean again.  Crazy but all I want for my birthday is to clean my toilet! :-)
     For some reason, in this house, we celebrate my birthday over a week. Guess what's coming round?  My birthday!  Don't ask me how old I am, I can never remember.  Normally I look to DH but he's started to have to do math in order to figure it out.
     All this to say that I got my first present.  A box!!! full from a dear, much beloved, friend.  In spring she made me this green rabbit (left) who's now decked out in faux opals.  My buns tails almost worn off as it's made of 50/50 angora/wool, I sleep with it nightly and hold onto the tail. Something I've done since a wee child.  Now I can make my own ani up in all angora Lush fiber.  Box wouldn't be complete without a fairy, she's an ornament for our 15' tree.  The orange chocolate sticks were brought state side by her traveling hubby, all the way from Germany! LOVE IT!  See the shiny thing to the right of the chocolate sticks, it's my Opal soap rock that she know's I love.  I JUST ran out of the last one she sent to me, such timing.  She know's I adore scents so I got 2 candles, both smell so nummy! Along with a bit of potpourri.  I have to wait for the first rain as my beloved and bestest girl are still in pretty high allergy mode.  My bedside kettle will make me a cup of Chai tomorrow while I begin to read through a series of books.  Lately I've felt I read everything there was out there... low and behold here's something I haven't seen!  YIPEE!  They are much loved and from her owe personal library. You know what that means?  She really loves me to give up something so precious!  The cards great!  That fronts all felt sewn on and when opened it plays What a Wonderful World.  Thank you so much deary, I love you for remembering me.  And so timely eh?  Those of you who read the Riot thread in Rav know what I'm talking about.
     Speaking of being "down", I was literally put down today.  I slept all day, rising only long enough for oatmeal in the am and a smoothie later. Why? After dye day yesterday.  See the drying wrack in the front?  That's all we used to have to dye. Which turned into towels over all the chairs and then we knew we had to move outside. Now it's the wrack, the pole outside which dries them much faster and this massive line which goes across the TWO car garage!  You always want to see all the yarn from a dye day and I'm very bad at taking photos for you.  Here you have it, all deep dark saturated colors... some are for KALs, current and upcoming.  The balance of all this yarn is TWIST!  I hope to load it soon for you on the Yahoo Group so do go individual mail if you want a slice of the pie.  There's something for everyone, all sock and lace but such stunning examples of said bases.  Everything from tencel blends to solid silk and everything in between, you will love it, promise.
Father like Jane Austen
Son is more serious Amusing Ourselves to Death
     Lastly I will share our love of books with you, including our animal friends. 
     Must away Bun & Kid are calling me.  Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment