Monday, April 21, 2014

Work Weekend

I full well know that I should take the weekends off but this was a work weekend.  I have far too much on my plate, AGAIN!  It's unnerving how fast I can dig myself into a ditch, paint myself into a corner.  CRAZY FAE! :-)  I really enjoy what I do though.  
     Last night found me painting bracelets and spinning for the Dark Side of the Moon club.  I would LOVE to be able to give them all hand spun yarn... those in the Lux sock section.  Now that I'm about 40 days away from shipment I know it's not going to happen.  Figured out how to fix that though.  YEAH BABY!  I'm going to ship as many as I can and then the people who joined last time,,, who sign up for the Summer club will get it next time.  That way I can cover everyone.  :-)  YEAH BABY!  
     The world of cones opened to us when we purchased a skein winder this year.  It's electric and will make 4 skeins at a time and counts off the yards in digital style.  Really sweet machine.  Well, Over Kill here burned out the motor!  I was hard at work, had spun off ALL EIGHT cones of camel and went onto the cashmere cobweb for next years, year long KAL.  Well... killed the motor, it just fried.  I love the smell of ozone in the morning.  HAHA make that fried electronics in the night.  It's neat that I can make the skeins any size I want to... unfortunate that I didn't do my math right and made the camel 3.8 instead of 3.5 ounces but I'm going to get this right if it kills me!

     Just finished loading Kenzi earrings,,, so pretty and a perfect match for the necklace, what do you think?  I think that the earrings are far enough away from the pendant on this puppy so that it works well.
     Tomorrow is dye day.  Last time we did up about 100 skeins, this time we are doing club, more Fae Garden, Pixie Sleeve samples as well as custom orders.  Should be only about 50 skeins this time.  LOL like that's a small matter right?  :-)  I do love to paint though.
     Also just loaded a bunch of custom antique goodies on the Jewelry page.  Miss OverKill is a glutton for punishment but I really do enjoy my job so for me it's all fun and games.
     Are you doing what you love?  Love what you do or stop doing it! ;-)  Hugs and Kisses from the Land of the Fae.

No comments:

Post a Comment