Monday, January 13, 2014

Dyeing Marathon

     We are still in the middle of a dyeing marathon here.  Crazy amounts of yarn has been shipped with another crazy amount due to ship.
     Last call for Modern Heirloom as we are almost out of yarn.  We are going to start sooon!!!!  I can't wait to share!
     Found this puppy at the bottom of that barrel we are scrapping to get the ModH out of.
     Believe it or not this is 100% cotton, thick thin and works up lovely.  Gorgeous right!  This is water and Seaweed but we can paint any colors you would like.  I was thinking about this for a coat, using the Seaweed as the body and the blue for the trim.  Or I might just paint it all over again. Hey, it's a woman's prerogative!  This was a special run done by a mill who NEVER did it again.  I bought all of it but it's very limited... you will not find anything like this the world over as it's one of a kind.  220 yards per 100g worsted weight and only $12 per skein, PM me if you'd like some at wmdress at sbcglobal.net
     Test knits coming up for "Stardust" which pretty much wrote itself yesterday as well as "Garden" something who doesn't have an official name.  Stardust is a 4, 6 or 8 wedge shawl worked in Pixie Paca a fine, nummy yarn that's like putting your hands into butter!  Baby alpaca, silk and cashmere makes this so light yet warm.  Stardust has beads to signify all the stars in space and the shapes... WOWSERS!  It's gorgeous and has this one elongated shape throughout,,, along with some plain knitting, you are going to love the shapes in this one.  Reminds me of the Crystaline Entity from Star Trek! LOVE IT!
     The Garden one has had a few names tried on and none have stuck.  In the Garden, Through the Garden, Garden Gate, Secret Garden, yadayadayada... the fun part... our first color work shawl!  Fully shaped Faroese style with simple straight forward color work.  A perfect intro to color for those of you who wont touch it with a 10 foot pole.  The color peeps will band together I'm sure and we can help one another out on Rav. This design is something else,,, you have not one but two garden gates, Celtic braids, and some flowers.  The yarn is black for the gates of course and my flower garden was painted into the other skeins... fingering weight so it will be a nice warm snuggle.  The gauge and shaping will make this one lay nicely on your shoulders and give you a snuggle with PIZZAZZ!  I have been doing color work for years and haven't seen anything like this baby.  I can't wait to swatch for it.  While it's been in my head for years and I have been playing with the design for months I only have the 3 elements for it to date but in my defense, it only recently fell into place in my head and there's only one more element needed to get it complete.  I think.  J
     I cleaned!  Major accomplishment and so shouldn't have on a dye day and the day before the doctor but I couldn't take it any more.  Should have taken a before photo as the shelves were higgety piggety and the table was completely covered!

3 comments:

  1. Do you still make up mini skeins? -Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and all the ones listed here are still available. PM me at wmdress at sbcglobal.net and we can figure out what you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are familiar with the Tiny owls charm patterns. I am looking to make those. They look like all solid colors.

      Delete