COLD REMEDY Immune Boost
When taken at the onset of a cold, these herbals will help boost your immune system so that you will have only a small amount and the cold will leave you faster then everyone else in your family who doesn't take them. BUT if you take Vitamin D-3 daily, as I do, you will not get most viruses. My family suffers while I get only a tickle and have done so for the last few years while I have been on it. I take a "concoction" at the onset for a few times and then,,, no colds! They have about 6 per year, some have been really nasty ones. I get maybe one of them which turns into maybe half as much as they experience. Which is my magic bullet? The D-3 I take is made by Source Naturals Bioactive form for bone and immune health, 2000 UI in 200 caplet form. I started to take them due to being severely D deprived from never leaving my bed. Turned out to be one of the best things I ever did for myself as my back degeneration can not take all that hacking and coughing up of lungs.
Liquid is the best method of assimilation, next gel cap, then herb in caplets tablets VERY LAST if at EVER. Very serious about this. Your body is already beaten, it needs help.
AllHerb Pharm products – liquid forms
- Acidophilus AKA yogurt - good bacteria to fight the bad bacteria, fresh organic yogurt is best, check for the one with the most bacteria and the lowest heat (heat kills the bacteria) or make your own. Second best is the pearls. There are many sites out there, I used to just use a crock pot, trivet on bottom, lined with a towel and a then the milk, keep it low and never boil or burn.
- Mullein -Ears
- Olive Leaf
- Oregano Oil
- Lobelia – stuffy nose
- Red Clover Stillinga – soar throat -take under tongue lease as long as you can bear.
- The above list is all liquid form.
- Along with Lobelia for stuffy nose - Brigham Tea in form of caplets called HAS by Natures way. Also Neti pots are GREAT for cleaning out the sinus cavities, warm water and salt is all that's needed... and a strong person who isn't afraid. Once you get used to it you will never go back to sprays as it cleans out the source of the trouble.
- Vitamin C
- Multi vitamin and mineral (Consentrace is best) both LIQUID forms only
Caplets with gel is 2nd best, caplets with herbs next never, ever take compressed TABLET forms, they are very difficult for your body to assimilate. Your body already being worn down, the last thing you need is to make it work harder. I believe this might have something to do with why back in the day people were feed broth. Good vitamin and mineral full broth and don't lets over look potassium broth from potato peals.
You can find all of these items at Iherb.com use code WEN537 for a discount. They provide excellent FAST shipping and we have been doing business with them for years. I can't recommend them highly enough. Here's to hoping your next cold will be short IF you even get it.
Another "front" for defense in the work place is the air that you breath. I'm very serious about it and you want to be too. Don't be embarrassed to wiped down your desk, key board and monitor after a co-worker has left something off (sneeze, cough or touched something) at your work station. On the contrary teach them to set up a perimeter to keep others from getting their cold if they are so heartless as to come to work sick.
AIR DEFENSE For cold and flue season
1 dropper Tea Tree
1 dropper Orange
6 drops Rosemary
6 drops Eucalyptus
Put into spray bottle, fill with good water, shake and spray copiously. Pour onto a flannel rag to wipe down all surfaces. For your monitor instead use a 50/50 water alcohol mix, if this is ok per manufacturers recommendations.