Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Birthdays, Cas, CowLux and a peek into 2014

Normally I wait until I'm done with all my work to blog.  Or I wait until Chatty Patty comes along and makes 3 posts in a DAY!  Today I decided that I was going to share now no matter what as I now have so much to say that I don't know where to start.
     My birthday, lets start there.  Since it was a Sunday I asked my family to stay home to be with me and DH was happy to do so.  He loves church with me over so many things I can't tell you how much he likes to hold my hand while we sing and have church.  We are fortunate in that our church comes right into our home at 10:30 PST every Sunday they stream it live.  If you would like to join us here's where we congregate it's John MacArthur's Grace Community Church.  My heart was acting up that weekend so we had to string my day out long.  I believe I took a nap between events but I made it through.  
     They found the best candles!  Ones which spell out Happy Birthday, sort of like this but not exactly as they were altogether.
These were on top of the BEST cake in the world!  We got a sheet cake which was large enough to feed an army.  Somehow DS and I tore through it in about a week. BAD DOGS! But it was so good!  Cream inside of white cake with butter cream frosting NUM! That's my favorite cake.  We used to get a small one from Federico's, now we get the massive sheet from Costco.
     DH pointed me towards my facebook page, I was shocked! There are well over 50 good wishes posts and PM's for the day!  I am so thankful that so many people are so kind.
     After cake of course there was presents. Don't fret!  I'm not going to go over every single one, there were too many for one thing and for another, I'd bore you to tears!  Can't have that now. Those of you who know me know that I'm so NOT into Halloween 
BUT this ghost immediately found a place in my heart.  Not only does he light up but he changes COLOR! As does the candle in the back on the right.  CRAZY!  I have never heard of such a thing.  I can't figure out how either do what they do but there you have it, FUN!  I love me some candles and I love the fact that these wee black ones will last until their batteries dye and DH doesn't have to wake up chocking after I blow them out.  A very special friend send me the colors above and also sent me YARN! YUM Oh and a large package of Swarovski crystal pearls!  You should have seen me, my mouth literally dropped open.  
She sent 4 different yarns, Mink, silk and gossamer and so many other goodies. See the dark teal top right, it's really special as it's the left overs from a scarf she made for her Mom's Memorial, it will be treasured as much as the mink due to it's origins.
     Tink made a showing as did a movie and Season 1 of Downton Abby!  There was also scrapbooking paper since that's my latest crazy, insane trek.
     Saved the best for last... my very dear friend made a tribute to my lovely boy, The Raven shawl!  LOOK AT THIS! 
Again my camera can not do it justice.  This is a large frame in which she built another around.  Her hubby found MY TREE! Yes this is something I have doodled for years and he found it as the perfect background for this project.  I set my book in there by my boy.  Is it not perfect ME!  I have it here just to the left of my bed so I can look at it all day long.  The thought that went into making this, the time, the effort and everything!  It just bowled me over and I, (ME!) I was speechless!
Quick project run down.  
     Most of you know that Castiel was published here he is.
What's great about him is the wing pattern.  It's center up the top of the front of the sock, over two socks you can really see it.  I tried to crop it down to just the wings but lost the color every time.  It's top center there, see them? NAILED IT!
The other pattern which was published is CowLux.
Nifty item which when worked in fine on small needles will produce wristers or a headband.  In bulky yarn on large needles the result is a large and lovely cowl.

Run down of some things I can share about... recently I was asked to paint Van Gogh's Starry Night.  Something I myself have long wanted to do.  I painted it and promptly forgot to get a photo for you! Here we go!  My faithful peeps! AND such a lovely shot! So purdy!
Been keeping busy with my knitting... so many things I can't share, Cherry Pie knee high socks which will become a pattern.  I used my own hand spun for the sample and I LOVE them!  They go well up to my knee caps I think. SO SOFT and snuggly!  At the end of the spin I'd forgotten I was spinning for socks and what do you think?  YUP more like a sport weight in some places so they are sooo snuggly.  I put the correct stuff at the feet though so I'm good to go. Oh and the socks here are another Christmas present.  

Three more skeins were pulled for more vanilla socks as presents only yesterday.  Houston we have toes, lets see how long they take around all my work knitting.  
This coaster and book mark set went to a dear friend of mine.  A dear sweet, who I need to remember to pray for more faithfully. If you remember my doily, would you please join me in prayer for my doily goily?  As Popeye would say, so said my other dear friend.  Ya know... I'm surrounded by some pretty GREAT people.  I LOVE YOU ALL!  You full well know that by now though.  I only wish there were more I could do for you guys.  This bed is so limiting.
     I wasn't going to share this... if you have made it down this far in my ramblings... you are one of my friends... so I will.  Yesterday, (hugh sigh) I had to leave my bed and go to the doctors which will set back dyeing this week.  STAY ON THE SUBJECT! Ok... (sigh) The doctor is going to resubmit me for the injections.  If all goes well and I get this injection it will tell him if I am a candidate for the surgery.  If I can get the surgery I will be able to walk again! Now you know why it's hard to me to get that out.  I don't like to even THINK about it let alone write it down.  We have been turned down THREE times by the insurance company.  I can't tell you the mean horrible things I wanted to do to the pencil pusher who turned me down three times.  Their excuse?  There' not a history of this! WHAT!  It's not like it just happened.  We sent them INCHES of my history and they continued, there's not a history with OUR doctor.  And so it continued.  You need to do X Y and Z.  We proved that I have done those things.  Still declined.  So the doctor was thinking that now that we have a history (evidently anything over 90 days), we might have a chance.  I don't believe it and wont allow myself to think of it until it happens.  Yesterday was a bad day.  As I got out into the waiting room I had a heart episode and as I climbed into the car something snapped.  I just sat there trying to pull it all together will tears streamed down.  Just the THOUGHT of being able to walk.  NO DON'T!  I just can NOT go there or I will be in for a cauldron of depression as I know that they will decline it again.  There may be "history" but I have not done PT or changed anything else so they will decline it.  On that note, I must post or I know me,,, I will dump it all.
    TWO WORDS ART BAG!  YEAH!!! Coming in 2014 hand spun, hand painted yarn which you make into a bag which is your palette to.... extreme art!  Each one will be completely different and one of a kind.  I can not WAIT to share this one with you.  I have made 3 in the past and they are so much fun.  Now it's time to write down and document what I do so that you can make one too!  LOL they were so much loved that all of them are gone!  People saw them, fell in love and bought them from me.  Now I can't even find a photo of the last one but I'm making more.  YEAHAW!  Here's to 2014 CHEERS!







No comments:

Post a Comment