Thursday, March 7, 2013

What (Else) Would Madame Defarge Knit

Some of you already know that I have not one but TWO patterns in the upcoming book What (Else) Would Madame Defarge Knit.  This book is currently available for pre-order here
     What you probably didn't know is that there's a completely FREE pattern available in conjunction with this book.  Just click through this link, complete the form, reply to the e-mail and SHAZAM.  You will be on the list to receive the free pattern.
     My contribution is a lace hankie which when made in silk can be beaded and with a drop of perfume, transformed into something from a different time and place.  Hopefully when you close your eyes you will be able to see such a place as I can.  Just a peek here.
     There's a more practical version, when made in cotton or linen, skipping the beads it's actually usable!  Instructions for a sick room version, in which you make a pocket for ecqualyptus essential oil, are also included.
     The other pattern is long gloves, you all full well know my facination with them here they are. Kits will be available here in the future.  They use our our merino/silk and Pixie Paca super fine lace for a ruffle ending.  The beads are all clear AB translucent and should be easy to find.  There is video back up for the beaded picot c/o and b/o as I have my own, more delicate method of working this. 
You can't see much from these photos on purpose, shortly though, when the book is actually released, I will be able to share them in total with you.
      There are many designs in this book, several that I want to knit myself.  If you bought the first book you will have an idea as there are twice as many in this book.  Many different designers came together to make this book possible and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment