Thursday, March 21, 2013

Years flying, finishing and KALs

Has anyone else the feeling that this year is flying by?  I can't believe it's pretty much 1/4th over!  It's crazy how fast times flying even from my bed. 
     First I want to share a link with you to PJBallentine blog where you can see my gloves I made for her.  I can't wait to get a photo of her all dressed for the Con!  When I do you can be sure I will post it here.
     WE GOT THE COBWEB!!!!  I have no idea how many skeins but we have FIFTY POUNDS of it!
     The flower sweater is finished and it looks GREAT  on me.  DH loves it so I wore it to the doctors on Wednesday.



















 What with watching Dark Shadows I have been on a candle binge!  Got everything out and put them all up in my room, LOVELY!  You'd be surprised what a lot of light they produce.  Speaking of Dark Shadows I went a bit buggy on day.  All day long I designed!  Each time I tried to set my book down I'd just have to pick it back up again with another characters design.  They kept pouring out and I couldn't stop it, I was totally possessed with my design Fae and well,,, there's enough for a book.  So I just jumped in and started.These are Josettes long silk stockings! :-)  They are made with fine lace weight over 34 sts on size 0 needles.  After a bit I will begin the patterning and wont be able to share photos in case I do end up offering the book up to a publishing house.  I've launched the pattern from her music box and her lovely long curls.


Still working on my music box.  The one online is made of embossed plexiglass

but it does play her theme which I will not be able to do.  Mine is glass, silver and now I found a lovely black lid and found a few music movements to place inside.

You know how I'm always sharing how I kill everything?  Well the key for me seems to be this glass waterer and the fact that this Daisy Gerbera needs shade.  WEIRD plant, you put it into the smallest bit of sun and it wilt instantly.
Here's another shocker for you, my roses!  See the green glass ball?  Well they really seem to be the answer to all my prior deaths.  This one has like 8 blossom/blooms on it!  I thought we killed it trying to get the white stuff off of it but it just dropped a bunch of leaves and kept on growing!  It's still got the white power stuff on it though, anyone know how to get rid of it?

Many of you know that DD turned 16 this month.  What follows are a few of her presents.  The ones I gave her that I made anyway.  This is a hand spun 50/50 silk/merino blend that I crocheted ages ago.  I lost the pattern and didn't know what to do with it... until DD started wanting sleeves.  I knew if I could just keep her busy enough it would keep her  from c/oing her own in time for me to get her mine.
 This one is really special as I used up the yarn I'm currently fawning over!  Here is Colinette Jitterbug in the Jay colorway.  I LOVE this yarn.  Well it's also 2 skeins of solid black and a mohair in a light blue gradient through dark and turquoise.  They all blended well.  I worked tight lace cuffs and then worked the changes up the shrug and used garter stitch alternating with stockingnette stitch.  I kept trying it on DS and DH and kept going man I THOUGHT I was done! ;-)
 The collar is more of a lapel as you can see and the increases were made at the center of the arm. It was a fun, easy knit that I enjoyed.  When DD wore it on Sunday she looked smashing!  She wore a lovely swirling black A-line skirt that curls round to the hem.  But then she had all these accents in the blue and, well she just looked lovely.
Last up a beaded mohair snood and thrumbed slippers, also in my favorite colors, which are her favorite colors too.  Works out good that way.  The thrumbs are fun as the back of the heel got all this bright turquoise thrums... the roving gradiated as well as the socks.  Funny but they look like different dye lots... they came from the same ball of wool.
On DD's actual b-day I was really feeling bad and DS was caring for me.  He came in with banana splits!  Nothing like a bit of BAD to really cheer you up.
Yesterday I had a doctors appointment and an MRI which just about killed me.  I think we are going to have to change from this office as I still don't like the new doctor.  The staff messes up my meds and it's all a total hassel.  It was a terrible, horrible no good day which I cried most of the way through.  It gets harder and harder for me to leave the house.  I was in terrible pain by the end of the day so DH bought me flowers, pretty aren't they?  I will preserve them by press and then insert them into my scrap book.
Thought I'd pop this in as it's complete with pockets and all the trims.
Here you see my rainbow stockings which are almost complete.  I just need to go through the pink change and then into solid pink as the final color.  They will be very high,, about 32" long.  If anyone would like a pair I'm pretty sure I have more then enough yarn leftover to get another pair+ out of them.
    THEN after I finish those I have a sweater which needs to be done but not for a few months and then I have the Raven which is almost complete!  Chart 4 is really cranking out.  It's very simple and straight forward so I should be done with that one shortly.  That will go off to KP and I will have to redo both video's yes there are now two. ;-) 
     I was also able to get a pattern off to Knit Picks for next years book, IF they like it.  I was going to make them a shawl BUT Manderley took over and must needs be a KAL off of the novel and Hitchcock movie called Rebecca.  Totally sea OR Gothic interpretations in both yarn and beads.  I can't wait to dye this for you guys.

This is a bad photo, yarns much more muchier... but DD and I have been designing my next sweater for after all the current work gets done.  Hey! I can drool!  We are looking at a bit of lace at the cuffs and possibly waist with tiny berry nupps at the bodice.


For all of you who stuck with this post... I figure you know me well enough that I can share.  Really need to share some personal stuff in case anything happens to me and you don't hear from me for over 4-5 days running you will know something's up.  I had a really bad time of it last weekend.  Started with just pain from my many ailments that kept me to my bed, hardly able to get to the bathroom.  Trying to keep from groaning,,, yes, it was that bad.  I'd wake and my back would be so stiff that I was truely at level 10.  This went on all weekend and culminated into a major heart episode on Monday night.  Normally DH is out of town that night, if I'd been alone I would be dead.  He moved on it fast, got the nitro in me and lifted the bed, opened the window and after a bit I could speak again.  See that's the danger, it's silent, I can't scream for help so no one else could have helped me.  Then too it was a 2:30am.... I knew it was coming though.  I am well attuned to my body and felt the change in my blood and heard my heart.  So I sat down and took my blood presssure which was 140/99!!!  That bottom numbers the attack number so it's never a good thing when it's that high.
     Well I almost lost this entire post, time to post NOW!  BTW, I'm better. It's ok, just wanted you all to know to contact DD if anything should happen or if you need me and can't find me.

1 comment:

  1. What a relief to hear that you have got through all this and feel better. Good luck with finding the right doctor with staff you feel you can trust to get everything right for you.

    ReplyDelete