Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Coco Update and Finishing Spree

     Well Kiddies, we got a video of our boy and he's healthy again!  The woman who took him has lots of money and is able to give him the proper food, nutrients, medicines, x-rays and shoes every 6 weeks.  Look at him!  He's up to his old tricks again.  I haven't seen him this happy in  years and while it breaks my heart... it also lightens it at the same time.

     I have been on a massive knitting and design spree.  One night after getting about 1/4th through my coffin of Dark Shadows DVD's I had to design!  It was insane and I felt possessed.  I kept putting the designs down to a sheet each, drafting and writing notes about each.  I would set the book down only to have to pull it back out again, stop the DVD and design!  It was INSANE but I couldn't stop until it was finished.  I believe I ended up with a pattern for each character in the end. 
     On the heels of this Knit Picks asked me for a pattern submission for a book which they are publishing next year.  I worked up a design, and another then another!  CRAZY right! I only needed one but ended up with three.  Then I realized that Manderley, from the book Rebecca, was more suited to us doing a KAL off of it then for a book publication.  It's the perfect Gothic entertainment, two different colors, one in the light of day and the other like Raven, in the dark of night.  Each with shades of blue.  The day would be the sea with turquoise and many shades of blue and green done in my meldy technique so that it reads solid.  The night would be that color overdyed in black just like the Raven yarn was... lovely dark with colors peeking through.  I found all the photos and went crazy with the design.  It's all there in the draft and just needs to be transposed into charts.
     Finishing has been possessing me too.  Too much Dark Shadows, I hear ya!  This is my hideous coat, so named due to the colors and the fact that it's more of a bundler then anything else.  Perfect for the chills this almost hits my feet!
Pockets were added after the fact in an overdyed pink.  Then the pink was used at the hem and the hood for this wrap/flap thing that can come forward over the face or flap back as an accent.
  Here you can see the increases in the skirt. 

 
 
     Here we have a 50/50 silk/merino pullover that I started a month or so ago. Someone on the Mario List on Yahoo announced a cone sale of this stuff.  It was such a great buy that I bought not one but TWO XXL cones of it.  It will last beyond my lifetime.  Since I took this photo I have finished 17 inches of the body and began the sleeves.  These have a crochet provisional cast on and will be 3/4 length and have a ruffle added to the end after I finish the top.  I keep thinking I need to write a Yarn Fairy vanilla sweater pattern as people can't seem to knit this on the fly as I do.  I always add a slip stitch short row to add length to the back which is the purls you are seeing at the bottom.  I add this again at the back of the neck as many sweaters end up being boats by accident as the knitter didn't add length to the back of the neck when working in the round.    
 
     This is a green sock yarn pullover I worked up and finished recently.  I adore this sweater!  There's a bunch of info on it in my Ravelry such as all the different yarns I used.  Also while there you can see the Yarn Fairy beaded bracelet pattern which is really the Color Changing workshop... which is where I teach the technique to make this sweater with the color changes.  The funny thing is after all this work... I have a pair of sock which match the sweater almost perfectly!
    As an afterthought I added beads to the cuff which was knit on the fly.  You can see the beads on the collar above... those were knit into the collar with the same type of petal lace used here.  I really love this sweater and keep it on my bed to wear daily.
Some of the yarns that were used in the making of this sweater.  Use up those old balls and make a sweater! ;-)
      Below is the handspun sweater finished.  You can see I made it into a cowl neck with a bit of lace there at the end.  I can't believe that the yarn went this far.  At the end I was scrambling a bit but ended up with it matching real well so I was pleased.
     DD will turn 16 here shortly and I will be able to share photos of more items which have been knit these last few weeks. 
     Also finished the poisen stockings.  They are really long but there's a problem... the calf is really tight so I'm going to do a photo log of what I'm doing to fix this problem.  So far this is all I have.
This shows where the gusset will be inserted.  It will be done with steeking and zig zag due to the stretchy nature of the beast.
    
Another finished project is these wristers made from sock yarn.  They can be worn with the ruffle on the hand or arm as I didn't seem up a thumb for them so that they could be flipped.
     Then there's a massive ____ for a friend but I can't talk about that.
     Back to what I can talk about I'm designing a bottom up sweater for my bud Mel who's got all the multi colored sock yarn to finish a nice sweater.  She's great so she's getting her own Yarn Fairy original to knit.
     Other then that the TKers are working away at the Phase Changing shawl pattern.  I will be able to open up pattern sales shortly.  Then the following week we will open up the yarn kits. 
     I can't wait to get the cobweb shipment in so that I can start to design the shawl for this one.  I can see it and it's a lovely circular shawl with SLEEVES!  Which will make a shawl collar and be wearable.  WHAT FUN!  I can't wait.  I'm hoping that 2500 yards (one skein) will be enough but I can't promise that at this time.
     Tired now... nitey nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment