Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bead Spinners & leather journals

     Have you seen them? Bead spinners come in wood that you twirl or plastic that's battery operated so you don't have to mess with the twirling... I got the wood one as I LOVE me some wood. Where ever I can I get wood over plastic any day. So there's a bowl resting on a platform. The bowl has a metal rod that you twirl and the bowl spins. When you use a bent hook/needle you can load it really fast with a bunch of beads. I thought it would be great for a shawl that uses like 3000 beads. :-)  

The plastic one runs about $40 
The wood about $20.  See the rough edge at the top?  That makes it easier to keep spinning.  They do sell them with smooth tops and I don't recommend that type as it might give you finger fatigue.
     These can be used with the bent needles or with a wire beader that holds a lot of needles which are used for beading shawls.  Or with Super Floss if that's your method of choice.
     While I'm sharing with you I think it would be fun to show you some leather journals I ran across.  Some of them are tied with leather straps, others hold together with fancy brass C slide clamps.
The black one on the left has a turquoise stone in it, you can't really tell here.  On the right the tree of life which I love and it shows up in a lot of my stuff I do.  These are imported from India and they came relatively fast after customs had to see them.  Just a small warning, make sure you double check the math when you go to make your payment.  ;-)
     AND it's off!  Sands of Time has been shipped.  The Raven is still in revision and sample knitting.  I believe I'm on chart 3 but had to put it aside to work on the Phase Changing Shawl which is the next KAL up.  DD and I are working on it now and we both love it!  If you are wondering, Tink is my Ipod holder, she's on a rope to hang around my neck and has a padding and a snap to hold the Ipod inside so it doesn't slip out.
     If you need me we will be kitting and then, after working hours, knitting on the Phase Changing shawl

No comments:

Post a Comment