Friday, October 12, 2012

Thank God it's Friday!

So what's with the 70's music!  Shesh! I have NO idea but peeps will say something to me and I'm off on it in my head so I have to share!  ;-)  DH just told me I could get another small dog and I'm on the ceiling again.  Anyone got a spatula??
     Today I finished my Choose your Own Pi by MMario.  It was a mystery KAL and I used my own hand spun from Tour De Fleece.  I'm so pleased with it.  First that I used the hand spun and second with the pattern.  I can't wait to share photos.

Above is the Tour spinning info and right is the shawl.  Yeah, bad photo bad dog!  :-)  I will get you a photo once it comes down... this one due to the ruffle hand to hang so it's in my window right now and it's wrong way front so you are seeing the reverse side.  Yeah, really gotta get you better photos BUT I HAD to share as it's lovely!  Mario just let us go off with all these different selections of patterns and methods of insertion until, in the end, we will all have very different shawls.  I had to use up all the yarn of course (couple yards left) so I just went off on yo k2tog, garter st, haystacks in the burgundy and then added the ruffle by doubling the sts and working until I ran out of yarn, about 6 rows.  It was fun.  NEXT UP!  Christmas knitting!
      FAMILY STOP READING
           "     CLOSE THIS WINDOW

Ok they are gone,  BROOHOOOHAHAA
      Welcome to my zany knitting world!
I love working for DD as she really appreciates all I make for her so she gets the most items.  This is thrumbed slippers for her.

They are soooo soft when you slip them on.  This is fine merino roving and a lovely Fleece Artist kit.  It was for gloves but hey slippers are just a hop, skip and jump away.  I have leather pads or possibly might have to go with rubber.   Time will out.

    This hat is a fine merino/tencel blend created for warmth with a vent for circulation.  The white is a netting I'm beading at every junction.  There's another coming in purple variegated it's a long strand color changing yarn which I purchased purple crystals for.  These will have anchors on the outside of the hat in 4 places at least so they wont slip.  Then inside the hat will be a place to slip a clippy so it will stay put as well.  This way she can wear the slouchy hat as is or she can wear the netting separately as a snood.  ;-)  FUN!  Three presents in one.
     I try to make socks each year, these are for DH as he recently went uphill in color!  I couldn't believe it when he brought home a lavender/violet button down shirt for church.  He also got one in these blues so I thought he might like these.  Now that I have his perfect sock on board (the patterns in my head) it's easy to make what he needs.
     I have pulled a great many more skeins out for projects but we will have to see as my work is bound to take over my knitting time and I will have to scale back so I didn't want to put too many items OTN this year.  I can only work on these when they are gone too so it's a short knitting time for me.
This last one is for a friend.  It's just a somewhat plain, quickie sock yarn shawl which I will probably get a good amount done on over this weekend.
      That's all for now folks.  Come back for updates.
IT'S FRIDAY! 
Celebrate another day of living, celebrate another day of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment