Sunday, March 4, 2012

Newly c/o shawls

I'm loving life and enjoying my crafts as are my peeps.
 Fur Ball on My Dolce Vita which is b/o and soaking before blocking.  Photos of finished shawl to follow.
 Some fiber I have been collecting for years now... all natural everything from Yak to cashmere, silk, cria and other natural lovelies as I have long wanted to work in natural colors.  Thought for this lot, a fair isle yoke sweater EPS style.  If there's any interest I will write the pattern and chart the yoke.  Does anyone know how to spin the shortest staple here?  The Chinese Yak?  It's like 1" long and I'm ad odd here to spin it. Below we have some sampling of a few of the fibers, some 2 ply and the last bit Navajo which I'm beginning to really enjoy as it's very professional looking.  DD said looks store bought, I consider that high praise indeed.


Here we have The Persian Star, lovely thing on sticks and string.  This work is through 1/3rd of chart D
The Sugar Plum Fairy half way through Chart 2... loving both of these as they are worked in 2/28 on size 2 needles which I ADORE. Enjoy your knitting or else.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wendy,

    Just dropping by to say "Hi!" Our family witnessed the arrival of three new kittens here from the stray we've been sheltering. Let me know what you think of the pics. =)

    Michelle

    http://adventureswithcallie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete