Saturday, October 1, 2011

Overdue Update MS 20 & 24 Galadriels Mirror

Well Kiddies have you missed me!  I sure have missed myself.  ;-)  Been dyeing and designing like a mad woman and I do mean MAD as in NUTS not angry!  LOL It's been a whirlwind this last month so I'm just going to give you a quick run down of all the goodies I saved for you, sorry it's so long overdue and lengthy!  Here we have the very first eggs out of our new chickens!  Can you tell one of them is a Bantee!  Cool eh!  We love having fresh eggs all the time.  Soon they will be full producers.  I believe we will have to get a few chicks next season though as there are 5 of us now and there are only 6 possible layers out there.  We had 10 originally,,, wacked the head off of the meat chicken, man was she ever tasty!  So need to get a dozen next time.  Fresh meat,,, talk about fresh!  HAVE to sharpen the ax though, you ever tried to chop the head off a .......
     HOLY CROAK!  I have to stop right this minute and tell you what I'm listening to through the window to the front yard!  You ready?  OHHHH ME! It's a frog!  He so can't ribbet.... it's more like a croak or a flarp as DS Pixie #1 says... ahyup that's the noise alright, silly ole toady. 
........ chicken with a DULL! SUPER DULL! and oh so tiny meat cleaver? DUMB BLOND!  Next time DH takes the ax to work!...since he works for a grinding shop my scissors have never been so useful!  Back to the chicks... so we now have 9, ones a croakadoodledoo... yup another croaker, he's trying - perhaps it comes out better with age?  Time will out.  Then we have three tiny chickens, one is more like a bird then a chicken, two are a bit larger but decidedly bantam sized.  Last up we have the 6 possible layers who should make larger eggs... when they get up to it. Introducing:
                   Buff Orphington


 Delaware rooster and hen
 Emma and the girls

  2 mutts check out that flap on the left!


 Rhode Island Red












Silver Laced Wyandotte on the right.....

Hopefully next year we can get a half dozen Araucana which will lay the blue/green eggs for us.




 A recent sunset by DH.  Lovely isn't it?



This last one is Top Hat AKA Phillis as in Diller.  DH calls her that the rest of us just call her Top Hat as in Fred Astaire tux and tails, ain't she grand! 
Here's my Galadriel's Mirror and what with this update being so long overdue the next photo you get will be of it OffTN and ON ME! :-)  Yup, just have a wee bit left of the last chart!  Can't wait but of course I couldn't wait!!!! and so have c/o yet another as I got the Green Folio in of the newly reprinted Neiblings!  Yes, it's in German and no that doesn't seem to be stopping me.  I used a translator and got gobbeldy gook but all I really needed was the c/o number and the symbol chart which someone was kind enough to provide in English.  Once I gave up on the idea of making Fruhling flat in a shawl ... and had my hand held by a kind soul on Ravelry, I did ok.  I'm now making it in WW in my undyed better then Malabrigo,,, cause it's a 2 ply lovely merino!  NUM After it's b/o I will be hand painting each flower a different deep bright color,,, fuchsia, sunshine yellow, violet, brilliant various blues, chartreuse, you get the picture... and each leaf will be a different color of green.  YUP so colorful as winters are very hard on my ailments and I suffer from bouts of depression.  You should see our house, every rooms a different color of the rainbow!  I surround myself with bright cheery things.  Last year we accidentally shrunk my lapaghan, seeing as it was my first I figure it's time for a new one.
 Loving it!   Here's a wee shot of our new Grandbaby and a blog post wouldn't be complete with out my Lil!

 Such a sweet lovey kitty! Who adores my knitting!


MS 20




 .... and MS 24 which I put away as I don't really have a lot of KAL time from other designers due to the My Bleeding Heart which I'm designing.  Above on the right we have a present for my beloved Pixie,,, our middle child... he doesn't have a pair of my socks that fit which are Nice Not Rice.  He's very particular with itchies and so he's getting this lovely skein of a 50/50 silk merino which is so Chris from VT.  See that Chris?  Is this not so you!
This is DD's Spanish Armada from MMario Knits off of Yahoo Groups.  She really got into this knit and had it finished in short order.  Of course she loves it!
 
   









The sunflowers were a gift from Mom and Kev last time they went shopping.  The swatch on the right is The Queen Susan shawl which is knit in,,, are you sitting down?  Are you ready for this?  Super fine, finer then cobweb THREAD!!!!  The swatch went to my good friend who loved it so much when she saw it... since I had all the necessary info out of it already... she took it to Bakersfield to be laminated as a bookmark!  She's adorable and we all love her very much.
Lastly I will leave you with my BABIES!  I love them and used to sing to them every time I changed their water.  I now have 4 jugs (ones a mason jar) now as I have been holding all of these goodies back till after the Yarn Fairy KAL got going.  Today I posted the first clue and yesterday I put up another new page for the next one which is FREE!  Check out the pages above My Bleeding Heart will start on 11-5-11 and as soon as I'm done here I will be hitting the dye pots for Meldy Deep, I can't wait!!!!  I might just have to use my own hand dyed even though I have long wanted to design this shawl specifically for my Kauni lace weight yarn that I bought a coons age ago.  Hoping you are well and knitting like a fiend!

1 comment:

  1. Wendy i want some of your Kefir GRAINS.
    MKG, WKG and Kombu mothers
    please email me directly and i will send the postage money
    via pay-pal or how ever you like.
    I am a Kefir Grain MUBI so be gental.
    And direct me to the Kefir for dummies site OR send me the
    How To Be A Good Kekir Parent, in email.
    Ivan Olsen Gonzales, CA
    yapar@att,net

    ReplyDelete