Friday, March 11, 2011

Advice please

What do you think?  This is my new pattern Birkie Love.  I made them to fit into Birkenstock sandals.  It took me much longer then I thought to make up the pattern.  Idealy I wanted to share this pattern for free.  BUT MAN it took so long.  So I'm having problems reconciling the fact that it took so long, it's a brand new stitch pattern (to my knowledge) and yet I so wanted to make a free pattern.  WAAAa tell me what to do.




Pretty aren't they?  You should feel them, this is my Morning Glory in my cashmere yarn.  I love them and can't wear anything else currently.  So what do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Do something simpler for a 'free' pattern. You and your wonderful work are worth charging for. We as women always tend to undervalue both ourselves & our work. You worked hard on this pattern, and it is fine to charge for it. Save the freebie for something easier. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree with S Ray. Do charge for this pattern and then have something much simpler as a freebie. Please don't feel guilty about this since you really shouldn't undervalue the amount of work that went into this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say charge for it as well. Again, the color of the yarn is beautiful and fits the pattern so well. You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still test knitting this one for you! I'm waayyy slower than you but so far the pattern is written very well. I don't like the yarn I'm using, though, so I would suggest not using a self stripe, at least not the kind I have. I have several skeins in different colors and BLECK! Wish I chose something else to show off the pretty pattern better.

    ReplyDelete